Smothered Pork Chops
- CKD non-dialysis
1 pork chop with vegetables and sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Basic White Sauce (see kidney-friendly recipe)
- 4 pork chops (1 pound)
- Chop the onion and bell pepper. Slice the mushrooms.
- Prepare Basic White Sauce from DaVita recipe.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high heat. Quickly sear pork chops on both sides; remove from skillet and place in an oven proof baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Sauté vegetables in the same skillet, then spread over pork chops.
- Pour Basic White Sauce over pork and vegetables.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 350° F for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and serve.