Sausage Noodle Casserole
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 14.5 ounces canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup no-salt-added canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces uncooked no-yolk egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare noodles per package directions, but omit salt.
- Over medium heat fry sausage, chopped bell pepper, and onion until sausage is cooked and vegetables are soft.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, and oregano to sausage mixture.
- Mix noodles and sausage mixture in 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil, and bake an additional 5 minutes.