Italian Beef with Peppers and Onions
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces meat with 1/4 cup vegetables
- 3-pound lean beef roast, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini juice
- Place the beef roast, oregano, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper in a Crock-Pot®. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until tender.
- Remove beef from Crock-Pot and let cool.
- Shred beef and remove fat.
- Place the shredded beef back into the Crock-Pot. Add the sliced peppers, onion and pepperoncini juice.
- Cook on high for 45 to 60 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.