- CKD non-dialysis
1/3 cup meat
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red or cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Finely mince garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients very thoroughly. Place in airtight container and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Divide into 1/3-cup portions. Wrap in plastic wrap or butcher paper and freeze in thick plastic freezer bags for later use.
- Cook 1/3-cup portion per person in a skillet on stove top, chopping meat into fine crumbles with a spatula. See DaVita.com recipe for Chorizo and Egg Tortilla.